[dmis-bof] Comments on the charter?

Peter Kunszt Peter.Kunszt at cern.ch
Tue Oct 25 11:15:20 CDT 2005

hi bill

timeline looks ok.

i believe that the focus should be to standardize on an interface
that can have immediate implmentations by invovled parties. i would
prefer a pragmatic approach driven by the current needs and capabilities
in order to have interoperability between existing systems asap.

maybe it would be interesting to specify in more detail what the actual
scope is - e.g. is it for transferring data between grid sites
or to get files out and in of the grid as well (i would prefer the former)

best,

peter

ps. the WSDL we use for the transfer service in EGEE, i.e.
the gLite File Transfer Service can be found at

http://egee-jra1-data.web.cern.ch/egee-jra1-data/glite-data_R_1_6_2/stage/interface/org.glite.data-fts-3.1.0.wsdl

the javadoc description of this is at
http://egee-jra1-data.web.cern.ch/egee-jra1-data/glite-data_R_1_6_2/stage/share/doc/glite-data-transfer-interface/html/i
ndex.html

(look only at 'fts')
we also have administrative interfaces and interfaces that give
you statistics on the transfers ongoing. that may be already out
of scope though.