[dmis-bof] Comments on the charter?

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue Oct 25 10:24:17 CDT 2005

Hi Bill,

for a quick kick-off, this charter is certainly fuzzy enough. ;-)

Seriously, what I currently envision with DMIS is that this group
will define a web service that provides means to negotiate acceptable
protocols and protocol dependent parameters to invoke (or let
invoke?) one of the negotiated protocols to actually get the file (or
data in the end) moved from its source to its destination.

Does this sort of match what you have in mind? Moreover, if it
matches my thoughts, how does it relate to, say, WS-Agreement?

Anyway, I attached two slides to visualise some use cases and
possible roles and actions involved. Note that I did not include any
WS-* aware element as I consider these present at all three role takers.

Cheers,
Michel