[dmis-bof] Comments on the charter?

Dave Berry daveb at nesc.ac.uk
Mon Dec 12 10:38:43 CST 2005

In the OGSA-D group, we decided that data transfer should include
non-grid endpoints.  E.g. people may want to send the results of a query
to a non-Grid site or even via e-mail.  I don't think we've discussed
how this genericity might interact with a service that requires
particular support at both source and sink.  Could that be "hidden" in
the protocol selection?

Anyway, for the scope of the proposed WG, the generic concern could be
put in the same "would be nice" bucket as non-file-based data.  I.e. it
should be taken into account during the design but not necessarily
delivered in v1.0.

Dave.