[DFDL-WG] agenda item - review public comments

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jan 7 05:46:49 EST 2021

Mike let's do this under existing action 311.

IBM Hybrid Integration, Hursley, UK
Architect, IBM DFDL
Co-Chair, OGF DFDL Working Group
smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848
mob:+44-7717-378890
Note: I work Tuesday to Friday

From:   Mike Beckerle <mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>
To:     DFDL-WG <dfdl-wg at ogf.org>
Date:   05/01/2021 20:49
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [DFDL-WG] agenda item - review public comments
Sent by:        "dfdl-wg" <dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org>

The public comment period is over.

I'd like to go through the public comments, which should capture all the
outstanding issues for the DFDL v1.0 spec., and narrow down on any where
we still don't have a good resolution. My hope would be to edit the spec
and review the edits exactly once, and have a final draft this month. To
do that we need draft language for resolving the outstanding issues.

Public comments are here:
https://github.com/OpenGridForum/Editor/issues
Several are supportive comments, but do not suggest changes specifically.
I plan to just leave those open until the final GFD comes out.

The others that require some actual change and that I would close once
addressed in the spec are:
https://github.com/OpenGridForum/Editor/issues/16 - large block of
grammar/wording corrections. There is some ongoing commentary on this
ticket to get clarity on some of the points of this detailed public
comment. Most of the suggested changes are not controversial and can just
be applied as suggested.
https://github.com/OpenGridForum/Editor/issues/15 - just needs specific
wording to be drafted.
https://github.com/OpenGridForum/Editor/issues/14 - we need to decide:
optional, or implementation-dependent/defined - plus specific wording
needed
https://github.com/OpenGridForum/Editor/issues/9 - ready to edit into the
spec.
https://github.com/OpenGridForum/Editor/issues/8 - just needs specific
wording to be drafted
--mikeb

Mike Beckerle | OGF DFDL Workgroup Co-Chair | Owl Cyber Defense |
www.owlcyberdefense.com