[DFDL-WG] pre-proposal for new experimental feature: User-definedFunctions (UDF)

Bradd Kadlecik braddk at us.ibm.com
Thu Jan 9 13:41:51 EST 2020

We don't have a java based approach to such things since our platform is
very C/C++ centric so I appreciate that the requirement states the support
in the DFDL schema must be language agnostic.  With how you have it, it
seems any namespace can be used so I'm wondering if the XPath and DFDL
namespaces are going to be allowed.  If so then are you opening the door to
allow implementation of functions in the XPath namespace that aren't
documented as supported or even a DFDL one that hasn't been supported yet
by the DFDL parser?

 Regards,

 Bradd Kadlecik
 z/TPF Development

 Phone: 1-845-433-1573                                                2455 South Rd
 E-mail: braddk at us.ibm.com                                         Poughkeepsie, NY
                                                                         12601-5400
                                                                      United States