[DFDL-WG] what data format was dfdl:floating intended to support?

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue Apr 14 04:13:15 EDT 2020

I believe it was to handle 'Notes' style segments in EDI formats.  Steph
Fetzer wanted it, I think for NTE segments in X12, as she said these
segments were inserted by users as a way of adding comments to an EDI
message. It must have been something that WTX supported.

It would apply equally well to other comment-style records.

IBM Hybrid Integration, Hursley, UK
Architect, IBM DFDL
Co-Chair, OGF DFDL Working Group
smh at uk.ibm.com