[DFDL-WG] New Experimental Feature document: dfdl:emptyElementParsePolcy

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Wed Oct 16 12:23:04 EDT 2019

Mike

Some significant comments on this.

IBM Hybrid Integration, Hursley, UK
Architect, IBM DFDL
Co-Chair, OGF DFDL Working Group
smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848
mob:+44-7717-378890
Note: I work Tuesday to Friday

From:   Mike Beckerle <mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>
To:     DFDL-WG <dfdl-wg at ogf.org>
Date:   14/10/2019 19:58
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [DFDL-WG] New Experimental Feature document:
dfdl:emptyElementParsePolcy
Sent by:        "dfdl-wg" <dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org>

Per one of our trackers I uploaded an "official" document to describe this
experimental feature.

gwde-dfdl-experience-7-emptyElementParsePolicy.docx

This describes the feature as we have implemented it in Daffodil. There
has been some discussion on this proposal already, particularly on whether
the enum values for the property are appropriately chosen so that they
clearly identify the different behaviors.