[DFDL-WG] Proposal: Adopt experimental emptyElementParsePolicy property in DFDL v1.0

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Wed Nov 27 11:35:31 EST 2019

We need to add the new property to Section 22 Property Precedence.

I think we need to square away the effects of 'treatAsAbsent' on
establishing existence (section 9.3.1).  Because absent "behaves as if the
element occurrence is 'missing'"(taken from 9.2.4) and missing implies
known-not-to-exist, then 'treatAsAbsent' implies known-not-to-exist. Which
is correct, and how IBM DFDL behaves.

IBM Hybrid Integration, Hursley, UK
Architect, IBM DFDL
Co-Chair, OGF DFDL Working Group