[DFDL-WG] clarification: textBooleanTrue/FalseRep cannot be empty string? textStandardNaNRep and friends cannot be empty string.

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Thu May 19 12:38:20 EDT 2016

We don't stipulate that textBooleanTrueRep nor textBooleanFalseRep cannot
be empty string.

We do stipulate that entity ES is not allowed. So I expect these properties
cannot be "" meaning the same thing that "%ES;" would mean. Since we
disallow the latter, we should disallow just "".

Similarly, for textStandardGroupingSeparator, textStandardExponentRep,
textStandardNaNRep, and textStandardInfinityRep we specify that the string
literal value behaves as specified in textStandardDecimalSeparator, but we
don't specify that these cannot be empty string (which is specified in
textStandardDecimalSeparator, but not in the "Text Number Character
Restrictions" part of that property description that is referenced from
these other properties.)

ES and WSP* are not allowed, so almost certainly empty string should not be
allowed.