[DFDL-WG] do we allow indexing of non-array, non-optional

Tim Kimber KIMBERT at uk.ibm.com
Thu Oct 16 00:58:17 EDT 2014

I don't think we should depart from the standard XPath rules any more than
is necessary. Sometimes an XPath author will put [1] after every scalar
element as a matter of habit, because it makes the execution of the
expression faster ( in some XPath processors ).

regards,

Tim Kimber,
Technical Lead for IBM Integration Bus Healthcare Pack
Hursley, UK
Internet:  kimbert at uk.ibm.com
Tel. 01962-816742
Internal tel. 37246742