[DFDL-WG] do we allow indexing of non-array, non-optional

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:04:47 EDT 2014

I don't recall whether we decided this matter or not. I would search for it
myself, but I tried and failed to find anything. This is a hard topic to do
searching on... no good keywords.

If element 'e' has maxOccurs = 1, minOccurs = 1 (or neither are mentioned),
is e[1] a valid expression? what about e[../some/pathExp/here]?

If element 'e' has minOccurs= 0 maxOccurs = 1, is e[1] a valid expression,
or do you access an optional element just by ../e ?