[DFDL-WG] ES in delimiters

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 13:16:45 EDT 2014

Steve Lawrence from the Daffodil project has observed that we're not
particularly consistent about delimiters and the %ES; entity.

We allow WSP* with caveat that you can't have initiatedContent, but we
disallow ES.

There is a use case for optional delimiters e.g.,

initator="%CR;%LF; %ES;"

meaning absorb and discard an optional CRLF.

Without %ES we end up having to model this syntax as an optional hidden
element.

Thoughts?