[DFDL-WG] Please review - New version of bit order/MIL-STD-2045 document

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 11:33:56 EDT 2014

Thanks much for giving this quick attention.

I think your example is right. That's what those tables in the 2045 spec
are conveying. I will incorporate your example next spin, colors and all.

Your idea about the bidi terminology is interesting. I'll have to mull it
over.

I did circulate this doc also to someone familiar with 2045 and link16 over
at Lockheed-Martin, for feedback as well. I'd like to see if he agrees that
the truly-reversed bits isn't needed before we decide not to have that
capability. It's quite possible that both are needed.

But I agree we should put in what we know is needed, and not speculative
additional variations unless we have some use case.