[DFDL-WG] action 224: add section for implementation defined limits

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Thu Oct 24 06:15:17 EDT 2013

Jonathan

We discussed your definitions on the call. I realise that these are lifted
from XProc, but both Mike and I had to a double take on first reading,
because the 1st sentence is the same for each. So how about:

[Definition: An implementation-defined feature is one where the
implementation has discretion in how it is performed, and the
implementation must document how it is performed.]

[Definition: An implementation-dependent feature is one where the
implementation has discretion in how it is performed, but the
implementation is not required to document how the feature is performed.]

 Note that I have re-ordered the definitions as well.

Architect, IBM Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848