[DFDL-WG] Better way to model "empty"?

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Fri May 31 10:04:28 EDT 2013

It boils down to what you want to appear in the infoset.  If you want an
element with a different name to appear for ease of identifying 'empty'
then use #1.  Otherwise use #2.  I can't tell from just the snippet you
sent, but depending on what level you have defined your initiator &
terminator, <> for #2 will either result in nothing being added to the
infoset, or PlainEmail being added.

Architect, IBM Data Format Description Language (DFDL)
smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848