[DFDL-WG] Can I ignore data I don't want in DFDL?

Garriss Jr., James P. jgarriss at mitre.org
Fri Mar 1 08:09:16 EST 2013

Suppose I am using DFDL to parse email headers.  Suppose the RFC only allows 3 headers:  To, From, Subject.  DFDL can handle this, no problem.

But suppose I get an email that includes a 4th header, one I have not planned for (i.e., have not included in the DFDL schema), don't care about, and don't want in the infoset.  Like so: