[DFDL-WG] Policy Driven DFDL?

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 15:29:36 EDT 2013

DFDL "the standard" says nothing about how to do this today. The way an
implementation applies value bindings to external variables is not defined
by the standard. Basically, nothing about APIs for driving a DFDL processor
is mentioned in the standard.

What you suggest is an interesting mechanism especially for when there are
many such variables and calling an API function to set them each is
burdensome.

...mike