[DFDL-WG] clarification needed: datetime and time - use of ZZZ

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Wed Jan 30 07:20:31 EST 2013

I think I understand. ICU treats Z, ZZ and ZZZ as equivalent. Maybe there
was a difference historically but there isn't now.
Web page http://userguide.icu-project.org/formatparse/datetime shows all
three, but they don't bother elsewhere.

For clarity then we should probably change the xs:time pattern to be
HH:mm:ssZ.

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848