[DFDL-WG] clarification needed: datetime and time

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 09:05:44 EST 2013

I also believe this means we are missing this function:

fn:timezone-from-dateTime($arg as xs:dateTime?) as xs:dayTimeDuration?

However, we don't have this result type dayTimeDuration, so rather than add
that type, which is a structured thing like: PnDTnHnMnS, we should say it
matches the iso 8601 time zone suffix on an iso datetime.
So "Z" or "-05:00" etc.

Since it is not exactly the existing Xpath function, perhaps this function
should not have this name or not be in the fn namespace. Come to think of
it. I don't think we ever say exactly what the fn: prefix is bound to in
DFDL.