[DFDL-WG] clarification needed: datetime and time

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jan 29 09:04:47 EST 2013

Hi Mike,

The phrase " derived from the XML schema date/time type" just means that
the pattern varies depends on whether the xsd type is date, dateTime or
time, it does not mean that it is set up for parsing a date, dateTime or
time value that conforms to the lexical space for the xsd type. The
pattern values were chosen to be the typical patterns seen in the non-XML
world.

We can debate whether ZZZ is obsolescent and needs to be updated. IBM DFDL
has shipped with ZZZ as far as I am aware.

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848