[DFDL-WG] clarification needed: datetime and time

Mike Beckerle mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 08:55:11 EST 2013

In the below. Should xs:datetime have trailing timezone as well? Right now
it has no tz component.

Seems to me it should to match iso 8601 format which is what XSD uses.

Also, I believe we now think ZZZ is not the right behavior, and seems to be
deprecated in ICU. The right thing is ZZZZZ.

  calendarPatternKind

Enum

Valid values ‘explicit’, ‘implicit’

‘explicit’ means the pattern is given by dfdl:calendarPattern,

‘implicit’ means the pattern is derived from the XML schema date/time type.

*Logical Type *

*Default Pattern*

xs:date

yyyy-MM-dd

xs:dateTime

yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss

xs:time

HH:mm:ssZZZ

Annotation: dfdl:element, dfdl:simpleType