[DFDL-WG] clarification needed on lengthKind='pattern' inside complexType element with lengthKind='delimited'

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Wed Oct 24 15:31:10 EDT 2012

Mike

The latest internal draft of the spec says:

"When dfdl:lengthKind is 'pattern', it means that delimiter scanning is
turned off and in-scope delimiters are not looked for within or between
elements."

This is from errata 3.3:

"3.3. Section 12.3. Clarify that when property is lengthKind 'explicit',
'implicit' (simple only), 'prefixed' or 'pattern', it means that delimiter

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848