[DFDL-WG] Fw: new action item needed: DFDL URN specification

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Mon Nov 19 13:26:53 EST 2012

Suman - do you have a view on this, we would like to discuss on tomorrow's
WG call.

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848
----- Forwarded by Steve Hanson/UK/IBM on 19/11/2012 18:23 -----

From:   Steve Hanson/UK/IBM
To:     Suman Kalia <kalia at ca.ibm.com>,
Cc:     dfdl-wg at ogf.org, dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org, Mike Beckerle
<mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>
Date:   29/10/2012 15:31
Subject:        Re: [DFDL-WG] new action item needed: DFDL URN
specification

Using the OGF's URN registration document [GFD.191] as a reference, I
suggest:

Type
URL
Proposed URN
common root

urn:ogf:dfdl
xmlns attribute
http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/dfdl-1.0/
urn:ogf:dfdl:2011
source attribute
http://www.ogf.org/dfdl/
urn:ogf:dfdl

[GFD.191] http://www.ogf.org/documents/GFD.191.pdf

smh at uk.ibm.com
tel:+44-1962-815848

From:   Suman Kalia <kalia at ca.ibm.com>
To:     Mike Beckerle <mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>,
Cc:     dfdl-wg at ogf.org, dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org
Date:   25/10/2012 17:15
specification
Sent by:        dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org

I tend to agree that  specifying urn for namespaces is better choice and
URL should be used for schema locations; however  convention of specifying
URL for namespaces is long established some implementations use the
namespace  URL to return  the actual schema.     When I try to access the
namespace URL for XML schema , it gives me reference to the document but
not schema..

Suman Kalia
IBM Canada Lab
WMB Toolkit Architect and Development Lead
Tel: 905-413-3923 T/L 313-3923
Email: kalia at ca.ibm.com

For info on Message broker
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/businessintegration/wmb.html