[DFDL-WG] can an initiator be terminating markup?

Tim Kimber KIMBERT at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jul 17 04:54:21 EDT 2012

I know the answer. An initiator is never 'terminating markup'. I don't
know whether we have made that sufficiently clear yet.

regards,

Tim Kimber, Common Transformation Team,
Hursley, UK
Internet:  kimbert at uk.ibm.com
Tel. 01962-816742
Internal tel. 246742

From:   Mike Beckerle <mbeckerle.dfdl at gmail.com>
To:     dfdl-wg at ogf.org
Date:   17/07/2012 04:17
Subject:        [DFDL-WG] can an initiator be terminating markup?
Sent by:        dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org

Did we do a clarification about this?

That is, when parsing for delimiters, do you scan for a subsequent fields
initiator? I.e., can a subsequent field's initiator behave as terminating
markup for a prior field?

I somehow think we decide the answer to this is no, but didn't find
discussion of it or rationale.

--
Mike Beckerle | OGF DFDL WG Co-Chair
Tel:  781-330-0412