[DFDL-WG] DFDL: Action 027 - rework of property precedence - plus issues arising

Steve Hanson smh at uk.ibm.com
Tue May 12 03:27:35 CDT 2009

Hi Alan

Thanks for the feedback, I will take a look at each point.

For point 3 though, encoding and byteOrder do apply for sequence, choice
and any, because there could be markup involved. Whether inputValueCalc
and outputValueCalc do is a different matter and I will think about those.

Programming Model Architect
WebSphere Message Brokers
Hursley, UK
Internet: smh at uk.ibm.com
Phone (+44)/(0) 1962-815848

Alan Powell/UK/IBM

Steve Hanson/UK/IBM at IBMGB
cc
dfdl-wg at ogf.org, dfdl-wg-bounces at ogf.org
Subject
Re: [DFDL-WG] DFDL: Action 027 - rework of property precedence - plus
issues arising

Steve

Comments

I don't think the tables answer the precedence of padding, escaping and
encoding that we had when discussing escape schemes. On parsing it should
be remove padding, remove escape characters, apply encoding. On unparsing
it is the reverse but the tables look the same.
I think the difficulty is that escape scheme is used for identification
and extraction but also during conversion.
I don't think the core properties (inputvaluecalc, etc) apply to sequence,
choice or any.
xxxPadKind  is checked before xxxPadCharacter, xxpadxxx
Calendar-binary.  binaryCalendarFormatRef is only used when binCalRep =
packed or bcd

Alan Powell

 MP 211, IBM UK Labs, Hursley,  Winchester, SO21 2JN, England
 Notes Id: Alan Powell/UK/IBM     email: alan_powell at uk.ibm.com
 Tel: +44 (0)1962 815073                  Fax: +44 (0)1962 816898