[DFDL-WG] Unparsing and outputValueCalc - A Powell et al

RPost rp0428 at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 25 19:33:43 CDT 2008

Re the combination of output and input value calc's.

If I understand the latest discussions it is possible to create a schema
will allows:

1.	All input fields to be calculated.
2.	All output fields to be calculated and have different values than
the input fields.

#1 means that any file, including an empty one, can be used for input.

#2 means that although the user will interact with the input fields none of
the input fields will

Ever appear in the augmented infoset or output file. It also means that no
infoset value that is set

by a user will ever appear in the output file.

Sounds like this is pretty well hashed out.

By the way, I'm not using the above contrived, unrealistic example as
criticism. Rather to

Illustrate that it looks like you've provided closure to the issue and
haven't left any 'gotchas'.

Of course, now you've got me thinking about adding a random number function
or two so I

can write a schema for test data generation!

(ok, maybe that last one was a bit sarcastic)