[DFDL-WG] DFDL call minutes 2007-01-24

Mike Beckerle beckerle at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 24 11:17:26 CST 2007

DFDL call minutes 2007-01-24

Mike Beckerle, Geoff Judd, Tom Sugden attended.

Geoff has limited time to work on DFDL right now, but....
1) believes the default and null material must be in the core of the spec.
2) will schedule IBM-internal meeting to clean up the proposal (there are
a few unresolved issues that need discussion), then we'll be ready to
rewrite that part of the material.

Tom Sugden is transitioning to a new job, and won't be active in DFDL for
the forseeable future. However, he wants to stay on the mailing list, etc.
to track us.

Tom will send the final output of his work rewriting the syntax section
likely on friday. This is only partly complete now, and may not be fully
done by friday, but he'll send it to us in whatever shape it's in so we
don't lose the benefit of the work he has done already on it.

Dewey Sasser is working on a test suite framework and infrastructure for
running it which will eventually be made public. He's currently hooking up
my team's "latest and greatest" DFDL stuff to it to make sure it works
properly.
I hope to have Dewey transition into revising some of the spec once this
infrastructure task is complete.

...mikeb

Mike Beckerle
STSM, Architect, Scalable Computing