[dfdl-wg] Telcon notes 2006-1-25

Geoff Judd JUDDG at uk.ibm.com
Thu Jan 26 03:29:49 CST 2006

Martin,
            In the discussion on contexts I would also like to include a
discussion of variables and how they fit in with contexts. It may be that
they are effectively the same concept but I would like a discussion to
agree whether this is the case or not. I would like the agenda item
'Choices and defaults' split into 2 items:

1. Choices and wildcards
2. Null and default values

Regards,

Geoff Judd
Websphere MQ Integrator Development
IBM UK Ltd
Hursley

Telephone:  +44-1962-818461
E-mail:           JUDDG at uk.ibm.com

"Westhead, Martin (Martin)" <westhead at avaya.com>
Sent by: owner-dfdl-wg at ggf.org

<dfdl-wg at ggf.org>

[dfdl-wg] Telcon notes 2006-1-25

Please note: We need to agree a preliminary agenda for the F2F by the end
of the week. Please take a look at the agenda at the end of this document
and send comments/additions to the list. Our face-to-face time is limited,
I am keen to try to direct our attention to strategy and big picture
questions and leave details for the telcons. I propose to devote some
call-time to each agenda item to fine-tune what the outstanding issues for
discussion are.
Present
Geoff Judd
Bob McGrath
Tara Talbott
Martin Westhead
Suman Kalia

Agenda
1.     US F2F Logistics

Meeting is set for 1-3 March in Milpitas. Agenda details are required
urgently, for Suman?s travel request.
2.     Reports from trackers
Final extensibility documents presented.

3.     Outstanding issues on hidden elements
Discussion lead to the observations that:
a)       putting things into a global complex type appears to be the only
way to avoid any possible name clash issues.
b)       We could restrict things to this, or document this as a best
practice.

Suman is in favour of restricting the language in order to avoid this
problem. The issue remains open at this point.
4.     Review ?Bundles? document
We did not get to this.
5.     Review ?Conversions? document
We had an initial discussion on the conversions document. There were a lot
of questions about motivations and the extent to which this proposal would
change things. More discussion will be needed to bring the group to a
common understanding of the proposal.

Face-to-face agenda

Conversions/context/hidden elements
Scoping document
Choices and defaults
Actions to lead to a final document set.