[dfdl-wg] Telcon notes 2006-1-25

Westhead, Martin (Martin) westhead at avaya.com
Wed Jan 25 12:16:43 CST 2006

Please note: We need to agree a preliminary agenda for the F2F by the
end of the week. Please take a look at the agenda at the end of this
document and send comments/additions to the list. Our face-to-face time
is limited, I am keen to try to direct our attention to strategy and big
picture questions and leave details for the telcons. I propose to devote
some call-time to each agenda item to fine-tune what the outstanding
issues for discussion are.

Present

Geoff Judd

Bob McGrath

Tara Talbott

Martin Westhead

Suman Kalia

Agenda

1.     US F2F Logistics

Meeting is set for 1-3 March in Milpitas. Agenda details are required
urgently, for Suman's travel request.

2.     Reports from trackers

Final extensibility documents presented.

3.     Outstanding issues on hidden elements

Discussion lead to the observations that:

a)       putting things into a global complex type appears to be the
only way to avoid any possible name clash issues.

b)       We could restrict things to this, or document this as a best
practice.

Suman is in favour of restricting the language in order to avoid this
problem. The issue remains open at this point.

4.     Review "Bundles" document

We did not get to this.

5.     Review "Conversions" document

We had an initial discussion on the conversions document. There were a
lot of questions about motivations and the extent to which this proposal
would change things. More discussion will be needed to bring the group
to a common understanding of the proposal.

Face-to-face agenda

Conversions/context/hidden elements

Scoping document

Choices and defaults

Actions to lead to a final document set.