[dfdl-wg] Telcon notes 2006-02-08

Westhead, Martin (Martin) westhead at avaya.com
Wed Feb 8 12:11:21 CST 2006

Present:
--------
Martin Westhead
Tara Talbott
Bob McGrath
Geoff Judd
Mike Bekerele

Discussion
----------

1. F2F Agenda

The following topics/goals were raised for inclusion on the agenda:

Conversions - basics: do we have a common understanding? Do we have
consensus as this as a direction?

Conversions - does the current proposal sufficiently address our
extensibility needs (e.g. arrays, other trackers)?

Conversions  -  can we capture the meaning of the existing properties
effectively within this framework.

Process - arriving at a clear set of milestones/actions with people
attached to them required to reach a standards document.

2. Conversions discussion

Geoff raised an issue that he was concerned about ordinary users being
exposed to a lot of boiler-plate. Although this could be avoided
altogether it was agreed that including a standard definitions file
might be a sensible way to do it.

Tara wanted to know if the whole stack of conversions could be
specified. This seems like a sensible suggestion. It should be straight
forward to specify all or even part of the conversion stack.