[dfdl-wg] domain name - dataformat.org

Martin Westhead martinwesthead at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 11:04:23 CST 2005

mike.beckerle at ascentialsoftware.com wrote:

> I was checking into domains, as we've been writing things like dfdl.org
> into example code and slideware.
>
> dfdl.org is owned by some french or swiss foundation.. As a result
> dfdl.com/.net are owned by some web-name extorter. (For any .org name
> you'll find highly likely that the .com and .net of the same name are
> reserved by some company which will charge to sell it to you.)

That's annoying. I know that dfdl.org was available when I chose the
name, and I bought the domain at the time as a place holder. My
ownership must have expired...:(

I notice that dfdl.info is still available perhaps you could get
ascential to park that one too?

Also if we were to spell it dafodel (Um yuk), dafodel.org and
dafodel.com are (not surprisingly still available).

Martin