[dfdl-wg] DFDL Schema and test case format for forthcoming pr ototype

Mike Beckerle mike.beckerle at ascentialsoftware.com
Wed Feb 16 13:33:28 CST 2005

>From the one test case I included you can't see this, but the <data
kind=...> element allows whitespace insertion and ignores all whitespace.
E.g.,

  <data kind="bits">
  0 1000000 10000000 00000000 00000000
  0 1000001 01010100 00000000 00000000
  0 0111111 11001100 11001100 11001100
  </data>

Is accepted as is:

  <data kind="hex">
  0095 35 0000000000000048 222038109f e2e4d5d940d3c5c140c9d540 000f
  0095 35 0000000951500501 088322722f d2e4d9e3e94b4bf0d9f64b4b 002f
  </data>

We did this since most hex dump tools will space things out a bit, and the
spaces help clarity.

There's also a <data kind="text"> variant which is different since it is
whitespace preserving.

...mikeb