[dfdl-wg] Hello everybody!

Yi Zhu[MSc] yizhu at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 26 14:55:54 CDT 2005

Hi Susan,

Thank you very much. Yes, it is a 3 month project with programming and we
have to submit a dissertation with roughly 15,000 words at the end of
August. My supervisor gave me some advices about what to do: implementing
a basic parser for a subset of the DFDL specification using Java, maybe
via SAX and DOM respectively, and then benchmarking different
performances. However, I have not decided which subset of DFDL I should
work on because I have no idea among what I can choose. In addition, I
haven't had a detailed view about what the DFDL can do and how it does it,
I mean the annotation syntax for different problems, although I know it
can define all kinds of data using the combination of the XML schema and
DFDL annotations. Could you give me some advices?

Cheers,
Yi