[dcifp-bof] Group charter proposal

Alexander Papaspyrou alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Mon May 31 10:49:35 CDT 2010

Hey David,

Am 31.05.2010 um 17:36 schrieb David Wallom:

> Just joining slightly late into this re comments but, how do you see this
> group relating to other ongoing work within areas such as GRAAP,
> WS-Agreement?

well, if all goes well, the WG will provide something on top of GRAAP, although it is not clear that this is, by all means going to be WS-Agreement, since some people (OCCI as an example, who have expressed interest in our WG's work) are not willing to pickup WS* for their stuff.

The initial version we are starting from will most certainly base on this, but I have people in the background working on something that might be more compatible with, say, OCCI. This, however, should be part of the group discussion.

> My other point would be is that with things like UR, GLUE etc already
> defined and out there and the ongoing work in PGI that isn;t this another
> profile++ ratehr than a whole new API.

That really depends on the "rendering" we are going to go for. Since there is the WS-vs-nonWS thing, we will probably not get along with just producing "yet another profile". Besides that, I am not sure that, even for the WS-related part, profiling only will be sufficient -- there has to be something that describes the orchestration of the available standards. That's also why I initially used the term "protocol"...

> BTW Alex it would be really good if
> the German grids got much more concretely into the PGI work as well.

i will try my very best...

Best,
Alexander

--