[dcifp-bof] Group charter proposal

Bernhard Schott bschott at platform.com
Mon May 31 10:22:59 CDT 2010

Hey Thijs, Alexander,
I am in support of the term "protocol" rather than "API" as our aim is to stay agnostic to the actually used technology. No matter which Java or C or Lego-Mindstorm somebody wants to use, it should be possible to implement the DCI-Federation-Protocol.

I am expecting support by some projects (e.g. DGSI, ...) to implement the federation protocol with their respective choice of framework etc and potentially deliver APIs as a side effect.

Best regards

Bernhard