[dcifp-bof] Group charter proposal

Edmonds, AndrewX andrewx.edmonds at intel.com
Wed May 26 07:44:07 CDT 2010

Hey Alexander,
Great start and the charter reads very well!

In the charter (Q1) it says that the WG will define a new API. Granted that might be an eventual necessity and outcome/output but should it also be captured in the charter that suggested extensions/modifications to the listed existing standards be developed and provided as an output of the group and input to other OGF WGs? What I'm suggesting here is to avoid the recreation of existing APIs/protocols by using the new API as a proxy to them.

What's described in the charter would be of interest to SLA at SOI and I would imagine the SLA at SOI/RESERVOIR collaboration group that is currently active (I've mailed out to that group) would have an interest too.

Andy