[dcifed-wg] DCIFed status

alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de alexander.papaspyrou at tu-dortmund.de
Mon May 30 09:48:05 CDT 2011

Hey Gary,

putting your last message to the list as well...

Am 23.05.2011 um 01:00 schrieb Gary Mazz:

> The other cloud groups are trying to coordinate.... We will need to leverage this work

Most definitely.

> NIST is looking to compiles a list standards, use cases and scenarios  that can be applied to cloud and distributed computing. We will need to leverage this work also.

Sure. Maybe we can do a short write up of how the OCCI/CDMI/OVF integration would address the NIST stuff. I remember Alan pointing me to some NIST standards wiki pages with a table of use cases and cloud desiderata -- would be a good starting point to show what the DCIfed integration is supposed to address, if we assume OCCI/OVF/CDMI to be this integration.

> I'm trying to put a cloud consumer working group together around DCI-Fed. Tony DiCenzo Director Standards committed Oracle's assistance. CA may also participate, if we ask nice. :) Use case and scenario work needs to proceed with the user community

That sounds very interesting. Can we help you with anything on this?

> I also just sent an email on "hot issues" from the largest IT consumer in the US Fed.., Its part of defining requirement areas for technical focus.

Yep, seen that. Comments in that mail.

Best,
Alexander