[DAIS-WG] DAIS Call Minutes, 2nd August 2011

Steven Lynden steven.lynden at aist.go.jp
Fri Aug 5 00:58:52 CDT 2011

DAIS Call Notes - 2nd August 2011
5:00 pm, Japan Time (Tokyo, GMT+09:00)

Attendees:

Mike Jackson (MJ) - EPCC
Mario Antonioletti (MA) - EPCC
Isao Kojima (IK) - AIST
Steven Lynden (SL) - AIST

Agenda
--

- How to make appropriate changes to WS-DAI and WS-DAIR to reflect
recent reviews.
- What steps should then be performed to get the specifications
towards full recommendation status.

--

Before the meeting Mike had already sent out a list of proposed
changes, this will be used as the basis of a reply to the

The group went through the reviews of WS-DAIR and WS-DAI, discussing
the issues. In all cases they were found to be fairly straight-forward
and in line with Mike's suggestions. In particular, "readable" will be
changed to mean that the data resource can be read, avoiding the
inconsistency that the reviewer picked put on where data is read by
non-query operations.

The suggestion "Do you need three levels of sensitivity: Insensitive,
MaybeSensitive, and Sensitive?", will be not be followed as the
attendees couldn't see how MaybeSensitive would be of much use.
Instead the associated text would be modified to tighten up the
definitions of Sensitive/Insensitive.

It was agreed that we should show our send our proposed changes to the
reviewer, and then contact the area directors to see if our changes
are acceptable as minor technical changes.

Actions
--

[SL] Double-check of Mikes proposed changes/write them up in a suitable format.
[IK] Get back to the reviewer with these changes

DONM To be Decided.