[DAIS-WG] OGF 30 DAIS-WG Session Minutes

Steven Lynden steven.lynden at aist.go.jp
Tue Oct 26 03:33:55 CDT 2010

OGF 30 DAIS-WG Session; 25th October 2010

Attendees:

Steven Lynden
Jens Jensen
Hideo Matsuda
Isao Kojima
Neil Chue Hong

Isao gave an intro to the specs. Steven followed up with an overview
of WS-DAI, WS-DAIR and WS-DAIX. Current status of these was discussed.

Jens says that multiple reviewers can be approached and volunteers to
see if he can do anything on that front.

Isao goes over WS-DAI-RDF. One issue is that the W3C is defining
SPARQL-update and SPARQLFed. We need to assess the implications for
the RDF querying specification.
Steven comments that bringing in something like SPARQLFed to
specifically support distributed query processing is inconsistent with
what WS-DAIR/WS-DAIX did and may be out of scope and will make the
spec more complex.

It is suggested that it might be a good idea to contact W3C people and
try to discuss with them.

How to promote engagement/adoption of the specs is discussed. Jens
suggests International Science Grid This Week (http://www.isgtw.org)
if we have a good story to tell about applications. Many subscribers
and widely read.
We also need well-documented, supported implementations along the
lines of the WS-DAI and WS-DAIX implementations provided by the
OGSA-DAI project.

--

Some brief feedback from the WS-DAI/WS-DAIR spec reviewer:

The reviewer says that the spec documents have been annotated but not
written up yet. One preliminary comment is: what happens if another
spec, e.g. the RDF spec requires a change to the core spec?