[DAIS-WG] DAIS Interop Call

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jul 24 03:44:36 CDT 2009

DAIS Interop Telcon - 24 July 09
================================

Present
-------

          Mario Antonioletti, EPCC
          Steve Lynden, AIST
          Sunil Ahn, Kisti

Agenda
------

      - Agenda bashing
      - Sunil's test results
      - Planning

----

- Agenda bashing

Discussion about attendance at the next OGF. It would be worth having
a session there if we complete this work (RDF stuff also making
steady progress). Steven thinking of going. Mario and Sunil not sure
yet.

Steven wanted to know whether Kisti was going to have a booth at the
next Super Computing meeting or whether Sunil was going. Sunil did not
know. Mario is not going.

Mario wants to take off email addresses of the OSU folks in the
interop document and just have their affiliations.

- Sunil's test results

Mario thanked Sunil for doing the tests.
Nothing unexpected happened.
Test 11 - problem was with the namespace but this was already known.

Need the OGSA-DAI interop tests.

It would be beneficial to number the issues with the spec at the end
of the interop document as opposed to putting bullet points. They
would be easier to reference. Should also make the proposed
resolutions a bit clearer.

Question as to whether we fix some of the issues now (e.g. the problem
relating to test 11) - mario suggested waiting until after Mike does
his interop tests and then we can discuss.

- Planning

Mike will do his side of the interop tests for OGSA-DAI when
he gets back from holiday.
Hopefully discuss these results at the next telcon and whether we do
changes.
We may be in a position to submit something shortly after that.

Discussion about whether making the changes in the specs will
require another public comment phase - we'll need to discuss
with Greg Newby, the OGF Editor, as to what the best course of
action is.

Need to think about recommendations to make to OGF - the binding
used to SOAP (document or rpc) clearly has an impact on interop.
Should OGF make a recommendation on this?

Proposed date for the next telcon 8:30am Friday 7th August.

|Mario Antonioletti:EPCC,JCMB,The King's Buildings,Edinburgh EH9 3JZ.   |
|Tel:0131 650 5141|mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk|http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~mario/ |