[DAIS-WG] DAIS RDF Telcon Notes

Mario Antonioletti mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 16 06:42:43 CDT 2009

Hi,

> For RDF, I agree with Oscar.
>
> However, I think this is same issue with all WS-DAIs.
>
> In this sense, I personally think HTTP GET/POST-based
> restful subset(or profile or bindings or something like that)
> of WS-DAI/R/X might be useful, especially for Relational.
>
> Is anyone of the list interested in this issue?

I think this would be worth exploring BUT would like us to try to draw
the existing specs to a close - we are very nearly there and my
concern is that we might get too thin on the ground ... could be the
basis for an MSc project here (or elsewhere) to compare and contrast
the two approaches - could use the same overall framework but transfer
bits of XML (not embedded in SOAP) over http ...

Mario

|Mario Antonioletti:EPCC,JCMB,The King's Buildings,Edinburgh EH9 3JZ.   |
|Tel:0131 650 5141|mario at epcc.ed.ac.uk|http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~mario/ |