[DAIS-WG] DAIS for RDF(S)

Isao Kojima kojima at ni.aist.go.jp
Thu Oct 11 11:06:55 CDT 2007

Dear DAIS-WG/Semantic Grid-RG people,

In OGF DAIS Working Group, we are working for RDF realization for the
WS-DAI standard specification family.

WS-DAI has already be extended for Relational and XML databases (WS-DAIR, DAIX).
Our activity is to extend WS-DAI for RDF(S) databases (WS-DAI-RDF(S))
so that the databases can be accessed by using the W3C standard RDF
query language SPARQL from within the Grid.

In order to promote this activity, we have created the attached
(short) executive summary with some use cases.
The document can also be downloaded from the gridforge of DAIS-WG.
Please have a look and kindly circulate it.
If you are interested and want to join in this activity, you are most welcomed.

FYI, we will have a discussion session on this new spec at the upcoming OGF21,
Seattle, (Discovery room, Tuesday, 13:30).
Please come and join the discussion.

Sincerely,

Isao Kojima
Leader, Data Grid Team