[DAIS-WG] information about Data Grid

Pearson Dave dave.pearson at oracle.com
Mon Nov 26 04:06:21 CST 2007

Marcelo,

The term data grid can mean different things to different people so
Mario's suggestion to start by reading an architectural overview is a
good one. The DAIS working group has focused on a standard approach to
accessing and integrating persistent data sources in a Grid environment.
If that is your main interest then after reading the architecture
material you find more information at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/projects/dais-wg

Data grid is also used to describe a shared in-memory data cache that is
useful for computationally intensive and low latency applications. there
are a number of commercial products that offer this capability. Oracle
Coherence, formerly known as Tangosol, is one and another is Gigaspaces.
There are links to both below:

Oracle Coherence -
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/coherence/index.html
Gigaspaces - http://www.gigaspaces.com/

Dave

Marcelo O. Borges wrote:
>  Hi, i am a student from brazil. I am making a research about Data Grid. I
>  would like to know more about  Data Grid.
>
>  I appreciate some help. Any one could send me some link or information.
>
>  tank you.
>

> **** E-Mail verificado por MCAFEE GroupShield 6.0
> --

*Dave Pearson
*Vice President Architecture
Global Technology Business Unit
Oracle Corporation

Direct:  +44 118 924 6296
Mobile: +44 7774 672912

Oracle Corporation UK Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.
Company Reg. No. 1782505. Reg. office: Oracle Parkway, Thames Valley
Park, Reading RG6 1RA