[DAIS-WG] OGSA-DAI-RDF V1.0 available

Isao Kojima kojima at ni.aist.go.jp
Mon May 7 20:50:06 CDT 2007

Dear OGSA-DAI and DAIS people,

We are pleased to announce the release of the software called OGSA-DAI-RDF V1.0
The software is already released preliminarily as an alpha version and
this is the first
release which reflects the feedback.

OGSA-DAI-RDF adds a new resource type "RDF" to the exisiting resource types
such as "XML" and "relational" . The software provides a set of RDF processing
OGSA-DAI activities which supports several RDF repositories like Jena.
By using OGSA-DAI-RDF, you can combine your OGSA-DAI activities with our
RDF processing activities such like SPARQL query processing
and the reasoning functions of Jena.

The improvements of this software include,
1) Re-designed activity interface.
2) New GUI including activity workflow editor
3) Introductions of product-independent RDF driver layer and drivers.

If you interested in this software, please visit our site
http://www.dbgrid.org/  and
download the package by following the 'Download' link.

One feature of our software is that this R&D is synchronized with OGF
DAIS activity
for RDF(S) specification. We are aiming to support the future OGF
WS-DAI RDF(S) standards based on this software.

We will have a discussion for WS-DAI RDF(S) topic within the DAIS-WG session
in OGF20 at Manchester. The meeting is re-scheduled to 18:00 of Wednesday.
If you also interested in this activity, please come to join the discussion.

Sincerely,

Isao Kojima,
On behalf of the Data Grid Team
Grid Technology Research Center,
AIST
Japan.

Note: As you see, OGSA-DAI will soon release a new version 3.0 and our
OGSA-DAI-RDF is based on OGSA-DAI 2.2. We will support the coming OGSA-DAI
versions as possible; however, those who will plan to use OGSA-DAI 3.0
had better
to use our software as beta software.