[dais-wg] DAIS Interoperability Testing

Norman Paton norm at cs.man.ac.uk
Mon Feb 27 11:44:13 CST 2006

The GGF Recommendation Track includes a requirement for a document to be
written that demonstrates the interoperability of implementations of
specifications. As no such document has yet been produced, there is some
uncertainty as to the process that should be applied to a specification
to enable a suitable document to be written. As a result, it has been
suggested by the Data Area Directors that the DAIS-WG should produce an
Informational document that describes its plans, which can then be
reviewed by the GFSG. If these plans are accepted and then followed, it
is assumed that a (positive) report on their implementation will satisfy
the relevant requirement.

With this in mind, the following draft has been produced, which it is
hoped to submit to the GGF document process during March (depending on
the feedback received):

https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/dais-wg/document/Interoperability_Plan_for_DAIS_Working_Group_Specifications/en/1

We invite comment on this document, in particular from list members that
have experience of interoperability testing.  Please either post
comments to the list or add them to GridForge by close of play on 6th
March.  Depending on the feedback received, we will either submit the
document shortly after 6th March, or continue the discussion on the list
and/or in conference calls.

Regards, Norman