[dais-wg] Announcement of the DAIS RDF(S) Access development initiative

Norman Paton norm at cs.man.ac.uk
Thu Aug 24 04:17:07 CDT 2006

Miguel, et al.

This looks to me like a helpful document for motivating the development
of a WS-DAI extension for access to RDF data stores and associated
schema information.  I will post  you some fine grained comments at the
level of typos, etc.  Slightly more substantial comments:

- In Figure 2, It isn't clear why the Semantic Matchmaker, which is
shown as taking as input a SPARQL Query, doesn't implement the
SPARQLAccess portType.

- Section 3.2.3 doesn't seem to fit too well, as it describes previous
work using OGSA-DAI, but unlike the previous subsections doesn't
indicate how the proposed WS-DAI RDF(S) Realisation would be used.

Dave agreed to update the group charter to reflect this new activity,
and I think the document provides all the information required to allow
this to happen.

Regards, Norman