Wokeism is Doomed

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue May 16 14:46:25 PDT 2023

Guess Who Stood For The National Anthem?

Guess who stood for the national anthem? Starting in 2020, WNBA start
Brittney Griner said she and her teammates would protest the national
anthem. Previously, "During a game between the Phoenix Mercury and the
Los Angeles Sparks, the two teams walked off the court while the
National Anthem played. Interestingly enough, Griner mentioned that
this will not be the last time she would walk off the court."

But 10-months in a Russian prison later, and the Biden administration
swapped her for a notorious international arms trafficker, the
"Merchant of Death" Viktor Bout last December...
Griner (red jacket) and Bout pass each other on UAE airport tarmac.

Fast-forward to her return to freedom in the United States and her
first competitive game since her release, in a preseason Phoenix
Mercury against the Los Angeles Sparks game, which took place
Friday...

What a difference facing down a 9-year prison sentence in Russia makes:

    Prior to the tip, Griner and her teammates stood for the national
anthem, and the No. 1 pick of the 2013 WNBA Draft received a loud
ovation from the home crowd as she was introduced.

    "Hearing the national anthem, it definitely hit different," Griner
said. "It’s like when you go for the Olympics, you’re sitting there,
about to get gold put on your neck, the flags are going up, and the
anthem is playing, it just hits different.

    "Being here today ... it means a lot."

Standing for anthem on Friday. Getty Images

Mercury coach Vanessa Nygaard had this to say about Griner's return to
the court: "We looked at each other, and we just had chills."

And further: "We were here last year for all of it. I’m getting
emotional about it now. Just to see her back out there — it’s an
absolute miracle. It was amazing. It’s giving me chills again."

Apparently Griner "loves" the national anthem now... but no more fight
for social justice? We guess not.