USA 2024 Elections Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 22:46:04 PDT 2023

https://www.theepochtimes.com/republican-lawmaker-warns-trump-supporters-about-falling-into-doj-trap_5329405.html
https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1666835411677724673
https://news.gallup.com/poll/506765/social-conservatism-highest-decade.aspx
https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1668186932059295747
https://issuesinsights.com/2023/06/12/can-anyone-beat-biden-and-trump-for-nomination-ii-tipp-poll/

"They Expect To Imprison You": GOP Lawmaker Warns Trump Supporters
Against 'DOJ Trap'

Jan6

A Republican lawmaker has warned Trump supporters against "falling for
the trap" of protesting against latest indictment against the former
president.
Rep. Clay Higgins (R-La.) speaks during a House Committee on Oversight
and Reform hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington on June 8, 2022.
(Andrew Harnik-Pool/Getty Images)

"My fellow conservatives, the DOJ/FBI doesn’t expect to imprison
Trump, they expect to imprison you. They want J6 again, in Miami and
in your city and in mine. They want MAGA conservatives to react to
this perimeter probe and in doing so, set yourselves up for targeted
persecution and further entrapment," said Rep. Clay Higgins (R-LA), a
member of the Homeland Security Committee, who says the Biden DOJ
would love nothing more than to have "J6 again."

"They want to intercept a busload of conservatives en route to protest
and create conflicts during the stop. They are hoping to provoke
conservative Americans. Don’t fall for the trap. Maintain your family.
Live your life. Live free and pay close attention and make your voice
heard," Higgins continued, adding "Don’t become an incarcerated pawn
in the agenda driven DOJ/FBI strategy to oppress conservatives across
America."

Trump faces a total of 37 felony counts over his handling of documents
after leaving office, including violating the federal Espionage Act
and other federal laws for allegedly making false statements,
concealing documents and conspiring to obstruct justice.

"Our country is going communist, it’s going Marxist, it’s going really
bad. The people of our country aren’t that way, but the people running
it are," Trump said Sunday during a radio interview. "We need strength
at this point, and everyone’s afraid to do anything. They’re afraid to
talk, and they have to go out and they have to protest peacefully.
They have to go."

More via the Epoch Times;

Miami’s police chief, Manuel Morales, has said his department is
taking Trump’s arraignment on Tuesday “extremely seriously” and it can
handle a crowd of up to 50,000.

“President Trump can take care of himself in court, he knows we’ve got
his back. The DOJ knows they’ve got nothing on him. They’re doing this
because they want you to let your anger overwhelm your strategic
judgment and they expect you to step willingly into their trap,”
Higgins added.

“We will fight against this oppression. We are indeed, with every
ounce of spirit, fighting against the insidious evil that threatens
our beloved Republic, but We the People must fight against oppression
legally, peacefully, and within the parameters of our Constitution.”

The Epoch Times has contacted the DOJ for comment.
Polls

Before Trump’s indictment was unsealed on June 8, a new Gallup poll
revealed that more Americans considered themselves to be conservative
on social issues since 2012.

The poll, which queried 1,011 U.S. adults from May 1 to May 24, found
that 38 percent of respondents said they were conservative or very
conservative on social issues, up from 33 percent in 2022 and 30
percent in 2021. Meanwhile, the percentage said they were liberal or
very liberal on these issues stood at 29 percent, a decrease from 33
percent last year and 34 percent in 2021.

Among Republicans, the percentage of respondents that said they were
socially conservative increased from 60 percent two years ago to 74
percent this year.

The percentage of Independents who said they were socially
conservative increased from 26 percent last year to 29 percent this
year. Fewer Independents said they were liberal on these issues,
dropping to 23 percent from 29 percent in 2022.

“Greater social conservatism may be fostering an environment more
favorable to passing conservative-leaning social legislation,
especially in Republican-dominated states,” the poll said.

Trump continues to lead the GOP pack in the 2024 race for the White
House. According to the latest I&I/TIPP poll, which polled 482 likely
Republican primary voters from May 31 to June 2, Trump received 55
percent of support, with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis a distant second
with 19 percent of  support.

Former Vice President Mike Pence finished third with 6 percent of
support, followed by former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and Sen.
Tim Scott (R-S.C.) with 3 percent each.

“So Trump’s edge, when it comes to his own party, again appears
insurmountable at this early stage of the nominating process,” the
poll says.