Karl Semichs hate-filled revisionism

Mon Jun 5 02:12:35 PDT 2023

On 6/5/23, pro2rat at yahoo.com.au <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Assassination politics was mentioned in my local court after I'd spend
> several nights in jail.
> The following year came my trial in Melb where it was alleged I had
> threatened the states police chief.
> Details available for any good faith researcher on request.
>
> In the spirit of open source software I had picked up the crowdsourced
> approach
> and run with it ( Sear WIRED " Online Cincy cop threats probed " 2001 )

https://www.wired.com/2001/05/online-cincy-cop-threats-probed/

In the article it describes an officer who was in the news for killing
a minority being threatened by PR on a public forum.

> Part of this " soft drill " development involved adopting the list jesters
> nym for AP which was " APster "  - Napster was in the news around that
> time.
>
> Following Mongs idea of speech-as-code and maximization of
> degrees-of-freedom you could say I was a CYPHERPUNK writing code even if I
> didn't formally join till later in 01.

I’m not familiar or maybe don’t remember speech-as-code but you were
trying to support jim’s efforts (where I am somewhat confused
regarding the code situation) and i imagine decentralized
cryptographic markets in general.

My memories aren’t all there, but I wonder if you and I were seeing
different list content or something in past decades. I don’t know if I
was here or not, but I don’t think I learned about AP until later. I
also mysteriously started seeing your frequent posts last year when
they were not present prior, and in general often received messages
from threads with the rest of the thread missing, two things that
could indicate list fragmentation.

> I still hold the APster way superior - though platform agnostic if any "
> black box " works as advertised. Yr mileage etc

I’m into general decision making systems, which can provide for death
threats or penalties if people agree. Money works too if it’s fairly
distributed. Seems effective communication and protection of innocent
participants are the biggest issues.

> Break a leg
>
> We have a right to destroy those who would spam and troll us. And you will
> know the name of our code when I lay my vengeance on you.

Thanks for your replies.