OLD AGE, Pandemic and the anarchist movement

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 9 18:33:37 PST 2023

However, the silence of the anarchist militancy, its groups and organizations, in the face of the murder of thousands of elderly men and women neglected in their residences, victims of the infamous sanitary protocols and the gerontocidal strategy adopted by the different administrations to resolve the situation of stressed health resources, speaks clearly of how ageism has permeated our belief system, showing the insufficiency of our social analysis and evidencing the narrowness, not only of our political autonomy, but of our ability to intervene in a situation of multifactorial crisis (something that, at the very least, should make us rethink the essentialist strategies that lead to the isolation of our movement and its members)

https://anarchistnews.org/content/taking-notes-old-age-pandemic-and-anarchist-movement

Reposts not detracting tracts whining about neo-liberal capitalism like it was full-blown red-Chinese fascism